I just read this interesting article from this website:
I agree with many, but not all, of these questions that a bride/couple should ask their potential wedding videographer.
1. How did you get started filming weddings and is it your main business? How long have you been in the weddings industry?
This is a good question. You don’t want a hobbyist, a student or a wannabe.
I have been doing weddings since 1993. So hows that for wedding video experience?
2. How many videographers will be shooting video at my wedding?
For my GOLD and SILVER Packages…. just me. For the SILVER wedding video package, it will be ONE videographer using several cameras on tripods.
3. Have you ever shot video with [insert your photographer’s name here] before?
Hmmmm, I don;t see how that matters THAT much. I’ll answer that one on a case by case basis.
4. What is your production style between documentary style? Vintage style? or cinema style?
Hmmmm…. I would say I mostly documentary but I am trying to move into being more cinematic.
5. What parts of the wedding day do you record?
I mostly document the whole ceremony and reception highlights with one camera for the BRONZE package.
I will shoot all day from the getting dressed to the final driveaway with two cameras with the SILVER package.
6. What kind of camera equipment do you use? Audio?
One Canon DSLR for the Bronze package..
One Canon DSLR and One Canon Camcorder for the Silver package. ( Usually with Go Pros as a back up).
For the Silver wedding video package and above I use sliders, tripods, lights and a go pro gimbal:
I attach a hard wired mike and voice recorder to the grooms lapel.
7. How do you handle music for the wedding film?
I simply use shot gun mikes to capture the sound, but almost always edit in the actual professional recordings of the songs:
If you want a youtube wedding video, I am not allowed to use copyighted unlicensed songs.
8. What types of packages do you offer?
9. How is footage recorded? How do you deliver the final product? Can I see a finished sample?
I shoot on professional High Definition
10. When can I expect to see my wedding video?
I always try to deliver a finished DVD to the bride within a month or two of the event. It all depends on a number of factors.